25th August 2016
Bank Holiday Weekend in Levenshulme – Trove Cocktails, Festival of Gin,Beer & Food, The Market Relocates and A Caribbean Cook Out
It’s peak British Summer time again. The mixture of clammy rain days and dribbles of sunshine prove it to be so. It’s also a time when there’s tons of festivals across the country. Well, in County Levenshulme we’ve got our very own new festival to get jiggy with. It’s booze and food related of course.
Levenshulme Beer, Gin and Food Festival
Yes, 3 days of gin, beer, food, games, live music, Saturday 27th, Sunday 28th and Monday 29th 12pm til LATE, the trusty Klondyke Club will be hosting. A special mention has to go out to the gin menu….it’s superb. LOOK BELOW:
- Thomas Dakin 42% a classic style single gin with 11 botanicals Manchester
- Hendricks 41.4 % unexpected infusions cucumber & rose petals results in a most iconoclastic gin Scotland
- The botanist dry gin 46% 22 native botanicals Scotland
- Williams chase 40 % Seville orange distilled in Herefordshire
- Opihr 40% oriental spice discover the exotic intensity of the ancient spice route -Indonesia India & Morocco Distilled London
- Berkeley square 46 % complex & refined & hand picked blends limited small batched -slow Mayfair – London
- Tanqueray no: ten 47.3% the ultimate gin for ultimate cocktail
- Haymens (old Tom) 40 % authentic Victorian style gin a mark of English heritage
- Haymens (family reserve) 41% cask rested in whiskey barrels this style sold in the ornate gin palaces of England in 1800’s
- Plymouth gin 41.2 % documents at the turn of the 20th century perfect in
The Original dry martini
- Martin millers 40 % UK distilled but blended with Icelandic water which gives its creamy soft palate
- Saffron gin 40% Dijon. discovered in the annals of France colonial past when England & France claimed India as their jewel Delicately Spicy character
- Edinburgh gin ( raspberry liqueur ) 20% infused with Perthshire raspberries Scotland
- Edinburgh gin’s (rhubarb and ginger liqueur) 20% tangy spring crop rhubarb macerated Scotland
- The king of soho 42% it is a smooth and full bodied with high citrus notes A tribute to the king London
- Monkey 47 % distilled from 47 predominantly unusual but regional botanicals such as lingonberries
- Gin mare 42% 42% Mediterranean gin distilled from olives , thyme , rosemary & basil Barcelona Spain Black Forest German
Levenshulme Market Pops In
On Saturday 27th, Levenshulme Market will be making a top notch appearance from 12pm til 6pm with ALL of their traders shifting to the green field of the Klondyke for one day only.
What Else Is Going Down In Levy Town?
Not to forget the best of the rest….there’s also more complimentary events around Levenshulme this weekend, including a chilled Caribbean Cook Out on Sunday 28th at Dice Lounge – Kids are welcome from 2pm til 7pm for the BBQ All Dayer and then it gets adult with some riddem and beats from the Sugar Foot DJ’s and drinks offers til 3AM.
Notable mention must also go out to Trove who continue to set trends with their consistently good and very ‘ Trove’ cocktails. Now open every Friday and Saturday til 10pm. Pop in and sample on your way around the hood.